About Captura . . .
Captura is owned and operated by award-winning portrait photographer Will Prentice, who has been capturing life’s most precious moments and exciting events for more than twenty years. A recognized Portrait Artist, Will brings an enthusiastic and fun-loving attitude to every photo session and truly puts the focus on you, the subject. Not only will you love your photographs, you will love the experience during your session.
Captura will make your photography experience unforgettable and provide you with photos you will want to hang on your walls. Private Commissions are available for Business Portraits, Senior Portraits, Child and Family Portraits, Life Events (Pregnancy and Birth, Engagements, Weddings, Confirmations, Communions, Anniversaries), Sports and Special Events.
Customer service is not just a phrase to us - we guarantee it. While many companies talk “Customer Service”, we live it. Our promise is to treat you better than you expect to be treated – and our customer feedback supports that claim.
The possibilities we offer are endless and each session is uniquely yours. Captura will make your moments, your memories.
Awards and Recognition
Will has won many Canadian and International awards for his photography, including these select individual awards:
- Champion, Canadian Lead Photographer
- Photo Manager of the Year
- Champion, Prestige Seniors Portfolio
- First runner-up, Canadian Lead Photographer
- First Runner-up, Elementary Portraits
- Second runner-up, People’s Choice Underclass
- Second runner-up, Prestige Casual Head & Shoulders Close-up
- As a respected Lead Photographer/Photo Manager, Will's achievements extended to supporting his staff and helping them achieve the following:
- Two Canadian Photographers of the Year, 2009 and 2010
- Over 25 Portrait Excellence winners, Elementary Portraits, Spring and Fall, 2008-2010
- Consistently placed multiple photographers in the Top 10 nationally, 2008-2010
A little about Will . . .
- Will gained valuable experience working as a Lead Photographer for a large photography company and as a Creative Director in the Marketing and Communications industry. Known as the "Mr. Will the Picture Man", he is often spotted at local community and sporting events where he photographs his children and their team mates in action.
- As an active member of his community, Will coaches many of his childrens' teams and was a leader in Scouting. Besides his passion for photography, Will enjoys mountain biking, hiking, camping, computers, gaming and most importantly, his family. He and his wife Sandy make their home in Whitby and have six children and four incredible grand-children.